In order to ensure that mould works well in long production life as planned, it is important to make a maintenance plan for the mould.
To avoid that any foreign matters may fall into gaps of the ejection assembly during tryout or production and machine stops so caused, it is necessary to place a protection plate on the top of mold. On other case, when hydraulic cylinders are seated on the top of mould, their rods must be protected by sheet iron to against a possible crash from the hook of lifting crane.
When mould stays at injection plant , we should make its daily, weekly and yearly maintenance plan to ensure that it keeps in good working condition and ready for production at any time required. Maintenance items are different from different kinds of mould structure. Here, the following are some of common maintenance practices as better understanding.
1) Check ejector pins, angle lifters and straight lifters (if applicable) at ejection fully forward position. Ensure they are not loose and free from galling on the rods.
2) Check graining area if there is any damage.
3) Spray antirust agent inside mould.
4) Blow off water remained in the waterlines under high air pressure
5) Grease regularly all un-self lubrication parts like guide bushes, angle location plates or wear plates.
6) Clean the mould surface with proper cleaning agent or blow the mould with high air pressure.
7) If ejector pin has contamination, use soft cloth with cleaning agent to wipe and clean. Then test their ejection and return several times.
8) Regularly check hot runner system if any leakage in the mould.
9) Check the protection of wires.
10) Don't lubricate bronze with graphite impregnated at any time. Otherwise, its self-lubrication surface will be damaged.
11) Check all identification plates whether they are legible, in position or not.
12) Place the mould in planned location with good protection on all extending parts.
13) Make a daily, weekly, yearly record. If any abnormal situation, report immediately.
To a mould designer, it should keep in mind that the accessibility of all mould components is an important part of a good mould design. Besides, to facilitate replacing the invalidated components as quickly as possible, it is strongly recommended to use standard parts or make spare parts for customers.